Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Blood on the Floors

Hello Everyone,
Ok, This topic seems a little weird however its one that recenty suprised me. I was walking through the store and noticed bloody footprints across the floor. Now when this happened in the south we would track the footsteps to the injured person and give first aid and start with many WSIB forms and accident investigations. That is what I did, I wandered around the store following these footprints with growing concern, it was alot of blood and was looking fresher with every step. Now I would like to say I'm no dummy however I'm not sure. What I found at the end of the trail was a 50 year old Inuk Woman who did not appear to be in distress. What she did was to recently butcher a caribou or two, the blood froze to her clothing and then defosted in the store. Ok, we're not in Kansas anymore.
Take Care,
CG

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Curtis - You had me going there - for a moment!! Glad to hear that this can be considered a "normal" occurence in your part of the world.

Currently, light snow is falling but the forecasters are telling us that we may not have a white Christmas. Rising temperatures are expected by Thursday and a good chance of rain for the holiday weekend.

I am curious to know about how the election process is going there. Have you had your candidate come calling to get your vote? I would imagine he/she has a very large area to cover and with the winter weather, must find it difficult to get around to see all his supporters.

Still wondering if you have eaten any caribou yet? I would imagine it tastes something like moose, so figure it would taste pretty good. As for finding the meat, I guess all you would have to do is follow the "bloody footprints" - ha, ha.

Take care - Rosalie

Anonymous said...

Hi Curtis - I came, I read and now I am leaving a comment. I was so hoping that there would be a new chapter to read, but given the time of year, know you are busy.

It's down to the final countdown for shopping for Christmas. I just heard that some stores are remaining open 24 hours Friday. Don't you just love retail? Once 24 hour shopping becomes the norm, consumers will still find something to complain about.

In case I don't get a chance to visit your site over the next few days, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

Warm thoughts and good wishes for a really great 2006 -- Rosalie

Anonymous said...

Toto? oh, Toto!?!?!