Its a long way down, so look out below!!!
Just hang in there kid, schools almost over.
Slowly waking up for school today, we are quickly approaching 24 hours of darkness. Its making waking up on time harder and harder as each day passes.
Our newly spawned gas station behind our house and the chief filling up his ski-doo from the siphon hose.
- Hello everyone,
- Happy Guy Fawkes day and Bonfire night. It was a scant 402 years ago that a group of well meaning roman catholics (aren't they all) attempted to blow up king James the I and his family as well as most of the English Aristocracy to destroy the Protestant rule in England at the time. 1800 lbs of gunpowder were secreted below the English parliament to be ignited on Nov 6th during the opening of parliament. Now we celebrate this event in some area's of the world by shooting off a bunch of fireworks and starting allot of fire's. Our dedication to the cause of democracy must still be commended. It also leads to a wonderful memory from my childhood which is why I remember it. The following verse is a traditional English verse from the time commemorating the events of that time ( I apologize in advance should anyone find this verse offensive to their religious belief's)
- "Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
- The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
- I know of no reason
- Why Gunpowder Treason
- Should ever be forgot.
- Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
- To blow up King and Parli'ment.
- Three-score barrels of powder below
- To prove old England's overthrow;
- By God's providence he was catch'd
- With a dark lantern and burning match.
- Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
- Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
- A penny loaf to feed the Pope
- A farthing o' cheese to choke him.
- A pint of beer to rinse it down.
- A faggot of sticks to burn him.
- Burn him in a tub of tar.
- Burn him like a blazing star.
- Burn his body from his head.
- Then we'll say ol' Pope is dead.
- Hip hip hoorah!
- Hip hip hoorah hoorah!"
- Take Care