Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Memories, like a window to my Mind.

Quiet Riot Singer's Death Ruled Overdose
Death From Cocaine Intoxication
UPDATED: 3:55 pm PST December 10, 2007
Riot Singer's Death Ruled Overdose"
bandmates may have thought he had kicked the habit, but according to the Clark County coroner, Quiet Riot lead singer Kevin DuBrow died of a cocaine overdose.Samantha Charles, spokeswoman for the coroner's office, said after toxicology results were received Monday, "The cause is cocaine intoxication."Investigators called to DuBrow's home the night he died said there was no forced entry and no suspicious circumstances.Quiet Riot was perhaps best known for its 1983 cover of "Cum on Feel the DuBrow's powerful, gravelly voice, appeared on the band's album "Metal Health" -- which was the first by a metal band to reach No. 1 on the Billboard chart. He also recorded a solo album in 2004, "In for the Kill," and the band's last studio CD, "Rehab," came out in October 2006.He was 52.
Courtesy of the AP Press services
OK, now my personal news has really hit a low but I found it interesting that this story was buried in a local Las Vegas News feed, guess no one is interested in a old rocker who found the habit a bit too intoxicating to give up.
Seems like a very 80's day as I also found a review of the recent Van Halen tour (with D L Roth), which was reviewed as simply astounding to anyone between 30 and 50. That is something I would have literally killed to see, however I doubt my dreams of the band ever doing "Big Bad Bill is Sweet William Now" live will never be achieved, somehow I doubt Eddie will ever give up his heavily shredded axe to pick up the clarinet again. If this tour and reunion continues though I can see arranging a vacation around the opportunity to see these guys again. Did I ever mention that the first concert I ever saw was one that was one of Ozzy's last stands with Black Sabbath, Man, I wish I could run back almost 30 years to do that one again, but then again coming out of a Black Sabbath concert and seeing the horrified look on your Mom's face as she watched the rest of the crowd filter out of the exhibition place might leave a lot of metal heads thinking I might have just been a little too young for such a introduction. I tell you my mom actually looked at horrified at what I pulled off that night, sure Mom and Dad were waiting outside the show... but they didn't see what happened inside the show. BTW for Way Way Up the opening band was Pat Travers, who does a electric guitar rendition of Beethoven's 5th that should not be missed by the open mind.
Take Care,
CG
"Cum On feel the noize,
Girls rock your boyz"
Godspeed Mr. Dubrow

2 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Wow, you really are an old fart. :)
-Tina

Anonymous said...

Fart on Dude!