Friday, January 16, 2009

Damn that Newton.

Hello everyone,
Christophers foray in physics is progressing at a very fast rate. In this video he promised to display Newtons 3rd law for me. When I explained to him that I felt that Hooke's law also contributed to his demonstration as presented here, we decided that on Sunday we will have to take the Ski-doo out and test the boundaries of Hooke's law. Let me tell you there is no arguing physics with a six year old. His final response to the whole experiment was "gravity sucks", how can anyone argue that?



Since Dec 22 we have been living in temps below -40 except for the last couple of days (I even had to put on a jacket to have a smoke a couple of times when the temp passed the -50 mark), since the south has entered a deep freeze we have experienced a thawing, today the temp rose to -2 and as such I have my bedroom window cranked open in order to make the night comfortable for sleeping. I never thought in my life that -2 would be a temp that made me sweat just thinking about it, today I had to change out of my long sleeve shirt into a T-shirt. It also allowed me to go out with Christopher for a few hours this afternoon to enjoy the fine weather while Melissa minded the store.
Take Care,
CG

2 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

It warmed up here to -2 also and we joked about opening the window to sleep. I know it won't last but it's a great break in the "minus stupid" temperatures we have been having!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

ahahaha Love the video!! Looks like the jump needs a wee bit of enforcing!