Friday, November 11, 2005

Well I couldn't resist

I just got back in, It is WICKED out there. I tied myself off with the dog leash ( a 300 pound test climbing rope and I'll tell you if I lost my footing it wouldn't have helped a bit) and went out to shovel some snow. The snow at the bottom of the stairs was over 6 feet deep. A crater like drift had formed between the store and the house and in places I couldn't see over it to the bottom. The wind drove you around like a rag doll. If you had anywhere to go it better be east cause thats where you were going. The temperature became irrevilant as all you were concerned with was keeping your footing in the wind. I wish I could explain what it's like to those who haven't been here, but I find I can't compare it to anything you'd understand, the worst storm I ever saw in the south doesn't even desearve the same name as this beast. And the greatest part is this isn't even a blizzard as far as the locals are concerned. I can't wait for a big one!!! That was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced. All I can say is WOW, mother nature rules.
the recently awed,
CG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty windy. Keep a long,strong rope handy, we want you all back again.
We get strong winds too. Sunday the large three-in-one willow down at the park, split in half from the strong winds.
Tuesday 4 PM Hamilton had a small tornado.
This all sounds puny,no doubt, but every thing is relative.
I guess you know what to do on weekends and holidays,STAY IN!
Once again,take care.
BY & AY

Anonymous said...

A dog leash?? Do you have a dog? I simply can't imagine being in that kind of weather and dearly hope that it won't be coming to southern Ontario.

We are currently enjoying blue skies,sunshine and it's about +14 degrees. I saw some of my neighbors working outside w/o coats. I hope this trend continues here.

What is the primary source of heat that is used there? electricity?

Hope all is well and that the blizzard has passed. Take care - Rosalie